Rad Makes // Radhika Mary
Hey. I’m Radhika Mary a visual thinker and creative problem solver. My creative practice moves between design, painting and crafts. I believe design should be for everyone, not elitist, non-conformist. Ideas come first for me with conceptual thinking informing the design process. This is something which I carry on from my traditional fine art background. Working with symbolism and function to communicate visually, enables each client to have a unique solution. Throughout my practice I explore themes of pattern, textures and I love getting my hands messy making!
Having studied between Leeds and Sheffield, I’m now based in Leeds. I’ve worked with both private and public sector clients so I’m well adapted to a range of industries.
• Host of the Fuse Leeds Chapter a community seeking to shine a light on creatives of colour. (June 2020 – present)
• Stylist Magazine, Interior Design: Home accessories inspired by daisies, (April 2021)
• Creative Boom: Alternative New Year resolutions from creatives for a better 2021, (Jan 2021)
• Creative Boom: A guide to 2020 Christmas cards by designers, illustrators & makers, (Dec 2020)
• In Other Words, Artist Spotlight, (September 2020)
• BBC Radio Introducing, (2020)
• PennyCress Zine: So, Where Are You Really From?, (2019)
• Northern School of Contemporary Dance, Branding: An Overview, (January 2021)
• D&AD New Blood Exhibitor, (2015)